Values & Ethos
Our vision is simple: We want all our children to be confident, considerate and reflective life-long learners, thinkers and problem solvers.
As a school, we are ambitious and inclusive. We demand the very best for each and every one of our pupils, whatever their background, starting point or particular strengths, so that they fulfil, or even exceed, their potential.This is the rationale of our school motto: Aiming High.
- To ensure that De Havilland provides a welcoming, safe and supportive learning environment where everyone is valued and respected.
- To ensure positive attitudes towards learning and behaviour are encouraged, nurtured and celebrated.
- To establish a learning focused ethos within the school that build upon a child’s learning needs and strengths.
- To provide a broad and engaging curriculum that delivers not only the best learning in reading, writing, maths and all other curricular subjects, but also values wider learning experiences and opportunities. Success for our children is not just making good levels of achievement, but also developing a love for learning with the skills and ability to thrive in the modern world.
- To engender a love of reading in our children with the development of suitable skills so that they can succeed as confident, independent readers.
- To ensure our children are confident and imaginative in their use and application of computers and multi-media technology.