Since the 1st October, De Havilland Primary School is part of Danes Educational Trust. The Trust sets the governance arrangements for each school through the Scheme of Delegation.
Currently, the governance of the school is overseen by an Interim Action Board, a group of experienced education professionals, whose role it is to both support and challenge the leadership of the school.
During 2021, we will appoint a new School Board (local governing body), which will include an elected staff governor and parent governor.
Members of the Interim Action Board:
- Jonathan Huddleston, Chair, Deputy Headteacher, Chancellors – A senior leader in schools for over thirteen years and a training provider for a number of local and national organisations, he has extensive experience in driving school improvement. Jonathan is additionally the vice-chair of the governing body in a vibrant North London primary school.
- Stephen Astley, Director of Primary Education, Unity Schools Partnership – Stephen joined the Unity SP Trust in September 2018 as a Primary Director of Education. Previously Executive Headteacher of two coastal primary schools in Norfolk, Stephen has held senior leadership roles in both primary and secondary schools across Lancashire and Norfolk.
- Jess Flint, Assistant Headteacher, Onslow St Audrey’s – Her key responsibilities in this role are coaching and mentoring early career teachers, overseeing the Sixth Form and leading the strategy for disadvantaged students in the school. She has over twenty years teaching experience with fifteen of those in middle and senior leadership. A teacher of history, she retains a huge passion for being in the classroom and a love for engaging learners in the past. Jessica had two children, one in Year 11 and one in Year 5. She enjoyed a period as a parent governor at their primary school and sat on two committees; staffing & recruitment and curriculum.
- Susan Poole, Head of Governance and Policy, DET – Susan is an experienced governance professional, having set up 2 multi academy trusts and 2 single academy trusts. In addition to having held a variety of governance positions, she has also chaired an academy trust, stepping down after taking the school into Danes Educational Trust.
- Jan Stevens, retired Deputy Headteacher
- Josie Valentine, CEO, Danes Educational Trust – Josie was Headteacher at St Clement Danes between 1998 and 2017. She has been a National Leader of Education since 2008, providing school to school support for secondary schools in Hertfordshire through Executive Headship or leadership coaching. She has been Chief Executive Officer of Danes Educational Trust since 2017.
- Sarah King, Head of School
- Pippa Bremner, Executive Headteacher
If you would like to get in touch with the IAB, please email email@example.com .